I’m grateful + thankful to have attended Harvard’s Graduate School of Education-twice, contributed to some fantastic educational/change organizations and to learn from, and philosophize with, incredibly talented friends and mentors. These materials are some of the non-programmatic outputs produced through my experiences and broadly investigate life online, learning and development.
- Crusoe, D. (2016). Data literacy defined pro populo: to read this article, please provide a little information. The Journal of Community Informatics, 12(3), 27-46.
- Crusoe, D. (2014). Educating for Search: Understanding the Past and Present Search Technology to Teach for Future Resilience“. Society of the Query Reader, INC Reader 9
- Crusoe, D. (2012). Data, Exploration and the ELA & History Standards. OnCue Journal, 34:3.
- Crusoe, D. (2011). Observations Gained by Watching Young People Search the Internet. Unpublished Manuscript.
- Crusoe, D. (2012). Librarians’ use of view source to support credibility research: results of an initial survey. Unpublished Manuscript.
- Crusoe, D. (2011). A ‘digital skills map’ to outline and reconcile the various digital literacies. Public Learning Media Laboratory.
Design for Digital:
- “Lucky”: The social structures of an online gaming clan
- Qualitative study of Battlefield 1942 gamers: Exploration player perceptions of learning through entertainment gaming
- Gender effects of educational interfaces
Education, teaching and learning:
- A novice-expert model to outline a method for breaking down skills in terms of skill development
- “Collect data using technology” : A comparison of education technology standards in Massachusetts, New Jersey and Maryland for one skill/concept domain: Report
- Selective Essentialism: An approach to developing and deploying learning standards
- Reflections on Learning How to Hackie Sack
Presentations (a selection)
- Go Big: Educational Experience Design, presented at SXSWEdu 2018
- Educational Experience Design, Serious Play 2017
- Panel on Computer Science Education at scale, CS for All Summit 2017
- On Media+Making, presented at the AATE in 2015
- My.Future & the OST Movement, presented at ISTE Ignite, 2014
- Educating for Search, presented at the GATech Conference in 2014